Jodi Barrows: Quilter, Author,
Every revolution has a leader. To awaken the new spirit, to champion the cause, to lead the charge!
Jodi Barrows has been leading a Quilting Revolution before anyone knew there was one! She called it the Square in a Square Revolution, and over the past 24 years she has remarkably touched tens of thousands of quilters throughout the world with her stunningly original message.
As noted in her main workbook for the system, Jodi Barrows' Square in a Square Point of View provides people that have been typically enslaved by a history of traditional quilting methods. It is the tedious and frustrating methods that drag down the spirit of the quilter. This frustration leads to unfinished projects and a feeling of waste and defeat. How to rise above this disappointment to produce quick, exciting projects and a feeling of accomplishment is the theme Square in a Square answers so clearly. The Square in a Square is a process, a system; a method which can be implemented in most any design, and once implemented provides freedom and joy for a job well done.
Through intensive research and hundreds of hours testing her quilting principles, Jodi Barrows created an easy to follow way to improve the quality and ease of putting quilt plans together. The foundation of the Square in a Square Point of View lies in Jodi's commitment to personal growth and the realization that quilting methods can be updated and improved to encourage both new and experienced quilters. Quilting visionary, author and President of her company, Jodi Barrows has spoken to quilting audiences throughout the United States, Canada, Australia, Italy and S. Africa on how to get involved in this new revolution. Her message is compelling, practical, and timeless.
Jodi's well-rounded background and interests played an integral part in formulating this innovative quilting technique that we offer through Square Publishing. Her artistic abilities as a seamstress and teacher, and her eager interest in history, spirituality and personal growth, have been the underlying forces throughout her life and education. Since the early 1990's, Jodi has served as a keynote lecturer and demonstrator, re-telling her amazing story to a variety of students from beginners to accomplished quilters.
The pioneer in updating quilting methods, Jodi's business, Square Publishing brings fair-priced, high-impact education to any level of quilter. She has taken her vision to new levels with her YouTube channel and several Square in a Square Facebook pages and groups.
Besides teaching thousands of students each year, speaking to quilt guilds and teaching at quilt shops nationwide, Jodi Barrows expresses the Square in a Square Point of View online and in her many books. Over the years, Jodi has written over 30 books including books written exclusively for instructors and those wanting to teach others about this amazing method of piecing a quilt.
The entire system is centered around just ONE TOOL/RULER - the Square in a Square Original Ruler. Additionally, her active books include:
- Reference book, Vol 1 - the main workbook for the system containing the first 17 Options of the system and the first book the quilter should have.
- Diamonds by the Square Reference, Vol 2 - this reference book includes Option 18-39 mostly working with the diamond units - this book is great for all quilters and has a special place in those wanting to do more modern looking designs along with modern fabrics and colors.
- Kisses from your Beloved and Letters to a Soldier - two workbooks that help you learn the system with a sampler quilt and quilt design depicting an 1800's quilt - both quilts tell a Civil War love story and are side stories to her three fiction novels.
- Mailly Women pattern book - in the first two novels, the story tells of the women making these thirty-four quilt designs. These are traditional patterns made the Square in a Square way for speed and accuracy.
- Various individual patterns, 4 patch and 9 patch tools and instructional DVD
- Three fiction novels - based on Jodi's family, the history of the day and her imagination - this is a series that will continue through several novels.
Transforming the quilter . . . One quilter at a time.